OFTP2 (Odette File Transfer Protocol) is an Internet-based communication protocol which has been standardised by the Odette organisation (organisation for Data Exchange by Tele-Transmission in Europe) for use across the global automotive industry.
OFTP2 uses a combination of Secure Socket Layers (SSL), data encryption and digital certificates to ensure that business documents are exchanged securely. File compression techniques and check point restart capabilities allow large files to be exchanged quickly between trading partners.
OFTP2 as a Service or Point-to-Point
OpenText OFTP2 as a Service allows you to comply with OFTP2 mandates without adding infrastructure, expense or specialist expertise to your existing B2B environment.
You can send and receive documents using FTP/VPN, SFTP or any number of protocols and OpenText Business Network will forward the documents to your OFTP2-enabled trading partners on your behalf.
Call our team of advisors on +44 (0)118 984 8080 or click here to discuss your requirements.
OpenText OFTP2 Service:
- Removes the complexity of on-boarding trading partners anywhere in the world
- Provides knowledgeable resources to implement and manage your OFTP2 environment
- Simplifies the ongoing management of your OFTP2 community
- Provides 24/7, multi-lingual support to address any problems that may occur
- Allows you to focus on your core competencies
If you already own OFTP2 software it can be used to connect directly with key partners and with OpenText to trade with the rest of your community.