Do you work with small companies who want to send you faxed orders or invoices? Many of these companies simply don’t have the resources or IT capacity to exchange business documents with you in your preferred format. Avoid the tug of war over how these business documents are exchanged and turn those orders, invoices and other common business documents into data without additional data entry.
Small companies may lack the budget, resources or expertise to exchange EDI, XML or other standardised documents, so you probably receive purchase orders and invoices from them via fax or email. Manual fax and paper handling usually mean re-keying of data and inadvertent but costly errors.
OpenText™ Fax to EDI takes faxed forms and converts them to data ─ eliminating manual paper handling and re-keying ─ resulting in significant reductions in error-related losses and administrative cost reductions of up to 60%.
This cloud-based service enables:
- Better management and control of peak processing periods ─ eliminate staffing challenges and improve turnaround time during peak order cycles
- Improved customer service ─ customer service personnel often spend up to 50% of their time entering data; you could refocus them on to higher value activity
- Improved visibility ─ automate the exchange of documents and you gain better visibility into the status of orders, payments and other business documents
- Receipt of Inbound Faxes – Redirect your existing fax numbers or choose new fax numbers from our pool and our network will receive your inbound faxes electronically
- Document and Character Recognition – OpenText uses the most advanced document and character recognition capabilities available to turn inbound fax documents into useable data in the format you require, such as EDI and XML, with guaranteed 99.5% field level accuracy
- Business Rules – Do you need business rules to drive what happens when data on a business document is missing or incorrect? We will work with you to define those rules; improving processing on a higher volume of documents while reducing the number of exceptions you need to act on. If we can’t process a document, we’ll put it into an exception workflow that allows you to decide how to handle it
- Deliver Data in Electronic Formats – We can deliver your data into your preferred business system or via the Trading Grid® within one to two hours. Additionally the original fax document is preserved and delivered to you for archiving