Sunbury, United Kingdom — March 1, 2010 — GXS™, a leading provider of business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce solutions, today announced the winners of its 2010 Active Business Awards. These awards recognise companies using GXS’ services and solutions to become Active Businesses. An Active Business is one that strategically leverages the information flow inside and outside the business by rapidly responding to demand; serving each customer uniquely; managing multiple dimensions of risk; proactively engaging trading partners; linking physical and financial supply chains; and minimising environmental impact.
“The winners of this year’s Active Business Awards demonstrate the possibilities and benefits that can be achieved through B2B e-commerce. They include sustainability benefits, improved customer service, lower product return rates and greater data accuracy,” said Chris Beall, senior vice president of product innovation at GXS and one of the 2010 GXS Active Business Awards judges. “As we have seen from large retailers like Wal-Mart, supply chain performance requirements are becoming more stringent and the penalties greater. Companies can better serve their customers by introducing greater automation throughout their B2B environments. At GXS, we are proud of the role our services play in helping our customers achieve success and we are constantly innovating to increase the positive impact we have on their businesses.”
The winners of the 2010 Active Business Awards are:
- Dr Pepper Snapple: GXS Active Business Award for Demand Responsiveness and Agility. This award recognises companies that embrace the tenets of an Active Business and have optimised their use of GXS Trading Grid® to ensure accurate and swift response to customer demand. These companies also demonstrate best practices in using GXS solutions to transform and streamline their B2B e-commerce programs.
- China Mobile and Rutronik (First Place Tie): GXS Active Business Award for Proactive Trading Partner Engagement. This award recognises companies that embrace the tenets of an Active Business and have used GXS Trading Grid® in innovative and beneficial ways to grow their electronic trading partner networks and increase their overall use of B2B e-commerce.
- Yanmar: GXS Active Business Award for Supply Chain Visibility. This award recognises companies that have embraced the tenets of an Active Business and have enhanced supply chain processes, such as forecasting, procurement, logistics, invoicing or payments with quantifiable operational cost savings.
- Novartis Animal Health and Kraft (First Place Tie): GXS Active Business Award for Environmental Sustainability. This award recognises companies that embrace the tenets of an Active Business and are using GXS Trading Grid to reduce their environmental impact by minimising paper-based transactions and/or streamlining their supply chain operations to minimise their use of oil, gas and carbon-emitting energy resources.
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company: GXS Active Business Award for Supply Chain Data Accuracy. This award recognises companies that embrace the tenets of an Active Business and have made the best use of managing their product data using a single set of business rules to enhance customer loyalty, protect brand equity and reduce operational costs in their extended supply chain.
Nominees for the 2010 GXS Active Business Awards were evaluated by a panel of judges that included Rob Guerriere, editor of Global Trade Best Practices; Clive Longbottom, head of research at Quocirca; and Chris Beall, GXS’ senior vice president of product innovation. Representing a variety of industry verticals and geographic markets, the winners have demonstrated best practices in B2B e-commerce and B2B outsourcing to become Active Businesses.
“The customers represented in these awards show how B2B can actually give companies competitive advantages and true business benefits,” said Longbottom. “B2B e-commerce is more complex and demanding than ever. Businesses are under pressure to leverage the information flow inside and outside their business to improve supply chain performance. The variety of strategies and results here demonstrate the value of B2B e-commerce services and the leadership of the companies that deployed them.”
GXS Trading Grid is a global B2B e-commerce and integration platform that supports the creation and adoption of on-demand supply chain management solutions for companies of any size. As the world’s largest electronic business community, GXS Trading Grid is used by more than 30,000 customers to exchange goods and services, gain visibility into global logistics operations and to synchronise product data. Trading Grid helps customers automate global trading communities by shielding complexity from rapidly changing standards, eliminating manual and duplicative processes and enabling the highest levels of B2B integration and collabouration.
GXS is a leading global provider of B2B e-commerce solutions that simplify and enhance business process integration and collabouration among trading partners. Organisations worldwide, including more than 70 percent of the Fortune 500, leverage the on-demand services on GXS Trading Grid® to extend supply chain networks, optimise product launches, automate warehouse receiving, manage electronic payments and gain supply chain visibility. GXS Managed Services, GXS’ B2B outsourcing solution, empowers customers with the expertise, technical infrastructure and program support to conduct B2B e-commerce with trading partners globally.
Based in Gaithersburg, Md., GXS has an extensive global network and has local offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions. GXS can be found on the Web at http://www.gxs.co.uk, http://blogs.gxs.com/ and http://twitter.com/gxs.
All products and services mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
For further information please contact:
Denise Oakley, Director, Marketing Programmes International GXS
Tel – +44 (0) 1932 776408 / +44 (0) 7768 537 481 Email: email@example.com