GXS Offers Insights On Simplified B2B (Business to Business) Enablement at EDIFICE Plenary

Sunbury, United Kingdom — February 5, 2009 — GXS™, a leading provider of business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce solutions, is to present at the EDIFICE 107th Plenary on 4-5 February 2009 in Walldorf, Germany. In line with the theme of the Plenary “Simplify Business Network Enablement”, GXS will look at how and why less than 20 percent of companies participating in trading partner networks are typically B2B e-commerce-enabled, while the remaining 80 percent use a variety of manual processes including phone, fax and e-mailed spreadsheets.

The theme of this EDIFICE Plenary is: “Simplify Business Network Enablement”. With the current economic volatility, supply chain execution will be more important than ever.  The need to drive efficient and effective business trade in Emerging Markets, the challenge of supply bases moving to and within low cost countries, the reality of trading partners with minimal B2B sophistication and the increased use of outsourced partners to manage business processes, requires high tech companies to find simple, easy to implement yet effective ways to integrate any size of trading partner.

Mr. Larkin will discuss the challenges facing high tech companies in these volatile times, the value of a mature trading community and how to establish it.  As part of the discussion, he will show how GXS Trading Grid for Excel leverages best practices in use of OAG standards to enable enterprises to automate B2B transactions with global trading partners via the world’s ubiquitous desktop application, Microsoft Office Excel 2007. The new service combines the document management and translation capabilities inherent in GXS Trading Grid, to deliver a ‘direct to desktop’ automation solution for enterprises and their trading partners.

  • Who: Bryan Larkin, GXS
  • What:  Using Excel to Simplify Business Network Enablement
  • When: February 5, 2009
  • Where: EDIFICE 107th Plenary in Walldorf, Germany

About EDIFICE

EDIFICE, the European User Group for companies with interests in computing, electronics and telecommunications, drives and enables global standardised B2B adoption in Europe through best practice, information sharing and influencing of standards development. The European Electronics industry adopted UN/EDIFACT as the global standard for traditional EDI applications and RosettaNet for XML based B2B implementations

About GXS

GXS is a leading global provider of B2B e-commerce solutions that simplify and enhance business process integration and collabouration among trading partners.  Organisations worldwide, including more than 70 percent of the Fortune 500, leverage the on-demand services on GXS Trading Grid® to extend supply chain networks, optimise product launches, automate warehouse receiving, manage electronic payments and gain supply chain visibility.  GXS Managed Services, GXS’ B2B outsourcing solution, empowers customers with the expertise, technical infrastructure and program support to conduct B2B e-commerce with trading partners globally.
Based in Gaithersburg, Md., GXS has an extensive global network and has local offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.  GXS can be found on the Web at www.gxs.co.uk,  http://blogs.gxs.com and http://twitter.com/gxs.

All products and services mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.

#####

For further information please contact:

Denise Oakley, Director, Marketing Programmes International GXS
Tel – +44 (0) 1932 776408 / +44 (0) 7768 537 481 Email: denise.oakley@gxs.com