OpenText Freeway is an affordable range of B2B e-commerce solutions that enable small- and medium-sized businesses to create, send, receive, print, and manage EDI documents. The simple Windows-based interface enables new users to begin using Freeway quickly and easily. As your business grows you can upgrade with Freeway, integrating with your accounting system or building your own trading community. Freeway provides a cost effective, simple exchange of electronic purchase orders, advanced shipping notices (ASNs), invoices and payments through to complete integrated back-office solutions to over 2,300 companies.
Electronic commerce offers benefits to small businesses, including reduced printing/postage costs, improved customer service, the ability to secure new customers locally and abroad and better visibility on payment dates. Many small and medium size companies are capitalising on this as a differentiator and a platform for local and international expansion.
The OpenText Freeway range of EDI software and hosted products includes:
- OpenText Freeway Entry – entry level EDI software ideal for new suppliers whose customers require them to do electronic trading. This is a very simple, off-the-shelf, standalone EDI solution that also offers an easy upgrade path to OpenText Freeway Professional as your electronic trading requirements develop and grow.
- OpenText Freeway Professional – provides all of the features of OpenText Freeway Entry, plus integration with your accounting and order processing systems. This software integrates EDI with your accounting software to save you time and avoid any re-keying of data.
- OpenText Freeway Complete – includes OpenText Freeway Professional EDI software, installation, maintenance, 5 trading partner kits, 2 AS2 connections with ASN turnaround kits, 3 back-office integration modules and more. OpenText Freeway Complete is ideal for small to mid-size companies requiring a complete packaged solution. Larger companies with low EDI volumes may also choose this as a standalone option or as a front-end translator to applications running on other platforms.
- OpenText Freeway Cloud – a comprehensive, hosted cloud EDI solution for companies that want to trade with a larger community or create a complete new trading community.
- OpenText Freeway Trade – a simple online portal designed specifically to meet the requirements of building merchants and buying groups. It supports electronic trading messages including purchase orders, ASNs, invoices and credits. OpenText Freeway Trade also does electronic purchase order matching and can integrate with ERP systems.
Call our team of advisors on +44 (0)1772 646010 or click here to discuss any of your EDI requirements.
Click here to download the OpenText Freeway brochure
|Hosted cloud solution||No software required|
|Windows software-based EDI solution||For companies who prefer to manage their IT internally|
|Runs on standard PC hardware||No additional investment in hardware required|
|UK-based support services|
|Network installation available||Share data across different departments running separate PCs|
|Installation available on-site or remotely||Ensures professional installation of relevant components|
|Training available on-site or remotely||Ensures fully trained users|
|Quick start user guide||Gets you up and running quickly|
|Web user interface||Ease of access for users|
|Document-centric hosted environment||Can locate individual documents rapidly|
|Document-level validation||Error rejection and reprocessing (not just batch)|
|Automatic scheduling of document downloads||No need to download documents manually|
|Automatic forwarding of documents, files and reports via e-mail||Replace paper and faxes with automated electronic documents|
|Compatible with Freeway Analytics||Enhanced visibility of key metrics including trading partner relationships|
|Traffic light system to control and view the status of each batch/document||User-friendly improved status management and visibility|
|Smart alert functionality and increased error reporting||Improved status management and visibility|
|Multi-company support||Common systems reduce training and support costs|
|Multi-user support||Can be used by up to 10 users simultaneously|
|Multiple concurrent processing||Run multiple processes at once|
|Includes trading partners required messages||Improve customer satisfaction by easily and quickly complying with message requirements|
|Integrates common B2B e-commerce messages including Orders, Invoices, Credits, Delivery Advice||Improved efficiency with integrated B2B e-commerce messages|
|Ability to return messages e.g. acknowledgements, delivery notes and invoices from original orders||Improve customer satisfaction by easily and quickly complying with message requirements|
|Add new trading partners (subject to Freeway published release list)||Cost effective way to expand your trading partner community|
|High-quality, responsive support services using remote access software||Resolves support issues quickly|
|Integration with accounting/back-office packages||Removes manual re-keying and reduces opportunity for human error|
|OpenText Freeway flat file interfaces (optional) integrates message formats via a single interface with your back-office system||Improved business efficiency|
|Offers full data validation and online flat file testing service||Data validation ensures that trading partners receive error-free messages|
|Bespoke back-end integration|
|Generic/Custom Webform application|
|User level security/access control|
|Multiple comms interfaces inc. AS2, FTP, EDI Network|
Access Supply Chain
EDI to CSV
EDI to Databases
EDI to Excel
EDI to Flat File
EDI to XLATE
EDI to XML
Epicor Solarsoft XVP
JD Edwards (JDE)
MS Dynamics AX
MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
MS Dynamics Nav
Pegasus Opera 1
Pegasus Opera 2
Pegasus Opera 3
Pegasus Opera Operation 1
Pegasus Opera Operation 2
Pegasus Opera Operation 3
Sage 200 Online
Sandersons Unity F8
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Business One
Windows Operating System
OpenText Freeway should be compatible with the UK versions of the following Windows operating systems. Regional (not local) settings must be set as “United Kingdom“.
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista Business Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 7 Enterprise (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 7 Ultimate (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 8 Professional (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 8 Enterprise (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 10
Note: For installations on Windows 7 & Windows 8 (all versions), a local administrator will be required to operate the software. OpenText SecuRemote VPN client is not recommended for use on Windows 7 or Windows 8
The following Windows operating systems are NOT supported by OpenText Freeway:
- Windows Millennium Edition (ME)
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows Vista Home Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows 8 (Basic Edition)
OpenText Freeway is not supported in the following environments:
- Microsoft Windows Emulators (e.g. on an Apple Mac)
- Microsoft, VMware or other Terminal Services
OpenText Freeway Entry, OpenText Freeway Complete and OpenText Freeway Professional applications are designed to operate as single-user systems. Data can be stored on a server to allow non-concurrent access from multiple client PC’s.
If you require a concurrent multi-user hosted solution or cannot provide a localised platform to meet the above requirements, OpenText Freeway Cloud is an alternative option. To find out more please contact OpenText Business Network.