Integration to ERP
GXS offers a range of services for ERP and B2B integration from complex document mapping, such as to SAP IDoc format, to managing trading partner relationships and monitoring data quality. A number of issues can affect the ROI from ERP investments:
- Lack of Trading Partner Participation —One of the most significant challenges with supply chain modules from ERP vendors is enlisting the appropriate levels of participation from trading partners. While large customers and suppliers can support complex B2B integration needs in short timeframes, the effort to on-board small and medium businesses is much more extensive.
- Poor Data Quality—Customers, suppliers, banks and 3rd party logistics providers often transmit B2B transactions with poor data quality. Once these incomplete or inaccurate transactions enter your ERP system, expensive manual intervention is required to correct the data.
- Project Delays —Changes to ERP applications such as version upgrades and consolidation often necessitate significant changes to B2B integration infrastructure. B2B managers must redevelop maps and perform end-to-end testing of integration functionality to support ERP projects. Many B2B groups are not staffed adequately to support the intensive workloads required from ERP projects, which leads to unforeseen delays in deployment.
ERP integration from GXS allows a B2B platform to be integrated into one of the following ERP systems:
- Oracle Applications including former PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and Retek applications
- Others including Ariba, Infor and Epicor
Whether you want to consolidate a number of ERP instances, implement a new ERP platform or simply upgrade to a new ERP module, integration to a B2B environment can provide a number of significant benefits:
- Ensures ERP systems are fed with accurate information
- Improves visibility of cross-enterprise-related information
- Helps standardise business processes
- Improves supply chain-related efficiencies