GXS Active Intelligence
More data is being exchanged electronically today than ever before and the volume continues to rise. Business operations have become increasingly reliant on this data as it powers the business critical systems (ERP, TMS, WMS, etc.). Bad data is a primary cause of stock shortages, invoice distruptions and supply chain glitches, causing service failure and rework throughout the supply chain. Therefore, timeliness, accuracy, completeness, consistency and overall quality of data have become critically important.
GXS Active Intelligence is a multi-enterprise SaaS application that is designed to improve the quality and timeliness of electronic transactions. It allows you to proactively track “in-flight” transactions and processes against business and compliance rules to prevent errors before they impact your business. The application also delivers validation, exception management, analytics and reporting capabilities to allow for real-time problems to be effectively resolved and repeat problems to be driven out of the business altogether.
Managing Exceptions and Issues in B2B e-Commerce Activity
GXS Active Intelligence consists of a number of key features that make up this very unique solution:
- Compliance-Guide Modeling—A flexible, business-rule modeling database captures and maps your company’s exact trading partner requirements such as compliance guides, routing guides and service level agreements.
- Transaction Validation—The validation engine evaluates inbound and outbound electronic transactions against documented rules and requirements, flagging errors and issues with drill down to root-cause data. All common data formats are supported, such as EDI, XML and RosettaNet.
- Email Alerts and Production Issues—A suite of exception management capabilities enables real-time email alerting when problems occur. More complex exception management processes are supported by a flexible workflow engine. These include the generation of production issues and alerts for exceptions that require the user to take action.
- Online Reporting and Analytics—Automated reports provide visibility to partner performance and key metrics. You can easily collaborate with trading partners on issues as reports can be customised, shared, subscribed to, exported and drilled into. Graphical views make it easy to comprehend output and recognise trends.
- Data Interception—In-flight data can be suspended for validation. Validated data is immediately released for delivery while data failing validation can kickoff a workflow that enables a user to strike the data.
- Scorecards—A consolidated scorecard represents key metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) that are important to your business. The metrics and information can be calculated directly by the GXS Active Intelligence service or fed into the scorecard from an external system (e.g., sales metrics from finance systems).
GXS Active Intelligence Provides Visibility and Operational Intelligence to Ensure Data Quality
- Real-Time Visibility—Track “in-flight” transactions based on a configurable set of rules or criteria to resolve errors before they impact your business.
- ERP Firewall—The reliable infrastructure permits or denies electronic data interchanges between an enterprise’s applications and those of its external business partners.
- Community Portal—Configurable role-based access enables both internal and external users to view data and take action online.
- Back-office Integration—Leverages GXS Trading Grid integration to provide a consolidated view of transactional data from all of your back-office systems.
- Global Reach, Scalable Platform and Services—Provides critical, automated value-add services for validation, visibility and control within your GXS Trading Grid environment.